Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vehicles


There are quite a few vehicles that inhabit our home.  Cars, trucks, bulldozers, motorcycles, airplanes, helicopters, I think you get the idea.  The collection got started with one single Prius that Paul bought when Logan was 18 months old.  It has grown since then.  

You might be wondering why I mention this.  So what?  We live with a 3 year old that likes vehicles.  What makes that so blog-worthy?  The fact that Logan knows what each and every vehicle is (type, make/model) and where he got them.  I know some people may be shocked at the size of Logan's collection and think there is no way he could possibly play with them all.  Some may think Paul or I should get rid of some of the vehicles.  Well, that's not how we roll around here.  Just as I would never think to get rid of some of Paul's movies or music CDs (and for those that have never been to our home, there are plenty) and he would never think to throw out any of my yarn (oh the horror!) we wouldn't throw out/give away/get rid of any of Logan's stuff.  He loves his vehicles and believe it or not, he does play them.  Every. Single. One.  He empties the bin that the vehicles live in (quite a few also live on our bay window sill) and talks about them for hours some days.  Some days he asks for a vehicle that he hasn't played with in weeks, sometimes months.  And because my memory isn't as great as his, I take a little longer trying to figure out which vehicle he's looking for.  We always find it somewhere in the house or car.  And that's the way its gonna stay.  Until Logan decides he doesn't want the vehicles around anymore.  And Paul decides he doesn't want his movies and music around anymore.  And I decide I don't want yarn around anymore.  

No comments:

Post a Comment